Terms & Conditions
Sharing Your Content on Silicon Roundabout Jobs
Your Responsibility for Your Content. You are solely responsible for any and all Content that is posted through your account on Silicon Roundabout Jobs (“Your Content”), as well as the representations you make to us about Your Content. You agree that by submitting Your Content to Silicon Roundabout Jobs, have reviewed and agree to abide by our Community Guidelines.
Representations Regarding Your Content. You represent and warrant that:
You own Your Content or otherwise have the right to grant the licence set forth in these Terms;
Your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, or other rights of any person;
By providing or posting Your Content, you do not violate any binding confidentiality, non-disclosure, or contractual obligations you might have towards a third party, including your current or former employer or any potential employer;
Any information you provide in a salary, company review, interview review, company photo, employer response, job ad, or employer profile is correct;
Any information you provide about your current, past or potential status as an employee of a certain employer is correct and complete.
Any CV you upload is accurate and submitted on your own behalf.
Please do not provide any information that you are not allowed to share with others, including by binding contractual obligation or by law, because any information you provide will be accessible by every visitor of Silicon Roundabout Jobs.
Prohibited Content. You agree that you will not post any Content that:
- Is offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, or is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; bullies, harasses or advocates stalking, bullying, or harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing, or “spamming”;
- Is false or misleading or promotes, endorses or furthers illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Promotes, copies, performs or distributes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s work that is protected by copyright or trade secret law, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protection devices, or providing pirated music, videos, or movies, or links to such pirated music, videos, or movies;
- Is involved in the exploitation of persons under the age of eighteen (18) in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under eighteen (18);
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses and other harmful code;
- Contains identification information such as social security number, passport number, national identification number, insurance number, driver’s licence number, immigration number, or any other similar number, code, or identifier;
- Solicits passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other visitors;
- Except as expressly approved by us, involves commercial activities and/or promotions such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, pyramid schemes, advertising, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation;
- Contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or similar software;
- Posts or distributes information which would violate any binding confidentiality, non-disclosure or other contractual restrictions or rights of any third party, including any current or former employers or potential employers;
- Implies a Silicon Roundabout Jobs endorsement or partnership of any kind; or
- Otherwise violates these Terms, the terms of your agreements with us, or creates liability for us.
Special Provisions Applicable To Employers
You may not post any job ad that:
- Does not comply with UK laws or the applicable laws or regulations of the state and country where the job is to be performed, including laws relating to labour and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use and intellectual property;
- Contains false information or solicits employees by intentional misrepresentation, such as, misrepresentation of the terms of employment, the hiring entity, or the identity of the poster;
- Requires an application fee or up-front or periodic payments; requires recruitments of others; resembles a multi-level marketing scheme, franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement; or only pays commissions (except where the listing makes clear that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling);
- Involves any screening requirement where such screening requirement is not an actual and legal requirement of the advertised position;
- Contains any logo or brands, or link to website, other than your own or those of any entity for which you are authorised to submit job ads;
- Contains multiple job openings in a single job ad (unless you’ve purchased a service that permits this);
- Discriminates against applicants on the basis of gender, race, age or disability, as determined in Silicon Roundabout Jobs’s reasonable discretion.
- You may not offer incentives in exchange for company or interview reviews. We will remove reviews where we have evidence that employees were compensated to leave reviews.
Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
This provision applies to all advertisers, including Employers who purchase Job Ads or display ads. Unless we agree otherwise, you may not use data collected or derived from ads (“Ad Data”) for any purpose (including retargeting, building or augmenting visitor profiles, allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags, or combining with data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns) other than to assess the performance and effectiveness of your campaigns on an aggregate and anonymous basis. You may not, and you may not permit a third-party to, transfer or sell any Ad Data to, or use Ad Data in connection with, any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other party not acting on behalf of you and your campaigns. You may use information provided directly to you from visitors if you provide clear notice to and obtain consent from those visitors and comply with all applicable laws and industry guidelines.
Enforcement by Silicon Roundabout Jobs
Removal of Content. While Silicon Roundabout Jobshas no obligation to do so, Silicon Roundabout Jobsreserves the right to review and delete (or modify) any Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms or other applicable policies posted on Silicon Roundabout Jobs (including our Community Guidelines), or that we deem, in our sole discretion, inappropriate. If you see any Content on Silicon Roundabout Jobs that you believe violates our policies, you may report that Content by clicking on an applicable link adjacent to that Content (e.g. links titled: “Inappropriate” or “Flag Review”) or by contacting us here. Once notified, we will review the Content and consider whether to remove or modify it. Please note: Our interpretation of our policies and the decision whether or not to edit or remove Content is within our sole discretion. You understand and agree that if we choose not to remove or edit Content that you find objectionable, that decision will not constitute a violation of these Terms or any agreement we have with you. For more information please see our Legal FAQs.
Copyright Policy. Silicon Roundabout Jobshas adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement on Silicon Roundabout Jobsin accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). It is our policy to terminate membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to us by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied in violation of DMCA and used on Silicon Roundabout Jobs in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
An identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on Silicon Roundabout Jobs;
Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
A written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you feel that content has been taken down inappropriately please contact our Copyright Agent who will provide information on the requirements and procedure for filing a counter-notification with us.
Contact information is as follows:
Silicon Roundabout Jobs, Inc.
31 Charrington Street
London NW1 1RE